User Account Integration is a new feature of Smart Wishlist which allows Customers to link their Wishlist to their User Accounts on any Shopify Store. This is not enabled when you install the app, however store owners can easily enable it using the steps mentioned below. Please note that it is an optional feature and Wishlists can continue to operate even without this.
Visit the below location in your Shopify Admin
Apps => Smart Wishlist => User Accounts
There is a checkbox labeled “Enable User Account Integration“. You need to select it and click the Save button.
That’s it. The User Account should be working with Wishlist on your Store.
1. To understand how it works, refer to this article.
2. To disable User Account Integration, you can always uncheck this box.
Like other components, the Features of User Account Integration are also fully customizable from the App’s Merchant Console.
- Visit Apps => Smart Wishlist => Configure Appearance => Wishlist Page
- Under “Page Typography”, there are three options:
1. Login Reminder Message Text: This is the text of message displayed to users who are not logged in. You can use basic HTML here for e.g. <span> or <a>. IIt is recommended that a strong call to action should be used here so that users get convinced to log in.(Please note that the wishlist shall work even if the user is not logged in).2.Login Reminder Message Text Color: The text color of the above message. Use Hexademical color codes like (#000000) or basic color names like “Red”, “green” etc.
3. Login Reminder Message Background Color: The background color of the container of the above message. You can use Hexademical color codes like (#000000) or basic color names like “Red”, “green” etc.
Force Users to Login
If you want to force your users to login before creating Wishlist, visit the User Accounts page as specified in Step #1.
There is a checkbox labeled Force Users to Login before creating Wishlist. Select it and click the Save button.
That’s it. Now your Users will be forced to login before creating Wishlist.