We are introducing much delayed Email Reminders feature for the Wishlist. This feature is currently under beta and we intend to work closely with the Store Owners to implement it flawlessly.
How this works?
Smart Wishlist App shall be sending emails to the users who have added items to the wishlist, after a fixed number of days. Store Owners can specify this number of days . In future, we shall also provide the option to customers to specify the duration between successive reminders.
Store Owners can edit/customize the following.
- Email Template
- Sender’s Email Address
- Reply to Address (optional)
- Duration after which reminder shall be sent (for e.g. 1 day)
NOTE: Currently, there is no User Interface (UI) to manage the configuration. We shall implement the changes at the backend as required by the store owner. The UI shall be provided soon, once the requirements are streamlined.
What the App shall do?
The app shall compose emails using the template provided, at predefined point of triggers then and send it to the specified SMTP carrier for further routing. All logic, other than routing shall be implemented by the app.
How email shall be sent?
The emails can be sent using any sender’s id specified by the store owner. It could for e.g. be firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no vendor lock-in involved. You are free to use any SMTP provider of your choice. Most of the SMTP providers offer a free plan. You can start with a free plan and later upgrade to a paid plan if the need arises.
NOTE: The App is fully agnostic to the SMTP Provider or the plan selected .
How to get started?
- Create an account at one of the SMTP providers. A step by step guide for Sendgrid and Sendinblue is provided at the end of this article.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following details.
a. URL of the Store.
b. Sender’s Email address.
c. Number of days after which the reminder shall be sent.
d. SMTP credentials (This includes API key. See below for details).
- We shall get back to you with with other details thereafter.
The App can send emails using any SMTP provider on the web. Initially, we provide the steps for Sendgrid and Sendinblue only. We shall add instruction for more providers soon. If your SMTP provider is other than these, please contact us.
- Visit Sendgrid and create an account. Verify your email. If you already have an account, you can simply log in.
- Once you are logged in, go to Settings > API Keys
- Click Create API Key. In the API Key Name, enter an easy to remember value (for e.g. Wishlist_API_Key)
- Under API Key Permissions, select Full Access (for simplicity).
NOTE: Advanced Users may select Restricted Access as well, but they need to scroll down to Mail Send Permission and enable Full Access.
- Click Create & View. A long alphanumeric string would be displayed on the screen. That’s the API Key. Copy it and send it to us.
- You can further increase the deliverability of emails by authenticating the domain with Sendgrid. Go to Settings > Sender Authentication and click Authenticate Your Domain and follow the instructions displayed. (Optional)
- SMTP Credentials (to be shared with us): API Key generated in Step #5.
- Visit Sendinblue and create an account. Verify your email. If you already have an account, you can simply log in.
- Once you are logged in, go to SMTP & API > SMTP
- Click Create a New SMTP Key. Enter an identifiable Name and copy the key generated.
- If you intend to send email from a different address than the one used for sign up on Sendinblue, go to Senders & IP > Senders > Add a Sender. Enter the Sender’s email and verify it.
- You can further increase the deliverability of emails by authenticating the domain with Sendinblue. Go to Senders & IP > Domains > Add a New Domain and follow the instructions displayed. (Optional)
- SMTP Credentials (to be shared with us): API Key generated in Step #3 above and the email used in the sign up process.